There are 2 types of EASA medicals:

Class 1

which is needed for commercial flying. It has the strictest criteria of all the medicals. If you are intending to continue training to a commercial standard it is worth getting a class 1 first. The initial medical has to be taken at Gatwick.

 Class 2

the best medical for an EASA PPL. A class two medical must be performed by a CAA approved doctor in the UK (AME). A LAPL (currently NPPL) requires a declaration of health from any doctor.